Genetic counselling is a process which requires, following a complete and accurate diagnosis of individuals who are at risk for an inherited disorder (illness), the impartial conveying of the consequences of the disease, the possible risks and the precautions to be taken to prevent the disease, and the treatment options, if any; and then respecting the final judgment by the family. Prenatal diagnosis programs for genetic diagnosis, which require the serious and responsible approach of many clinical disciplines, are broad organizations that bear long time periods and require knowledge, skills, patience and rationality.
Approaches start with the family taking the genetic counselling process before a new pregnancy period, continue with prenatal diagnostic approaches in pregnancy, and confirms itself with the re-evaluation of the baby after birth and / or termination. Diagnosis of genetic diseases is important in determining necessary strategies, in preventing emergence in subsequent pregnancies and in developing treatment methods. Our center, which aims to provide high quality and reliable service with its staff specialized in their fields and which continuously improves itself, serves in the following fields:
- Genetic Counselling
- Clinical Genetics
- Molecular Cytogenetics (FISH)
- Molecular Genetics
- Cancer Genetics
- Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD)
Who Requires Genetic Counselling?
- In case of having a hereditary disease or being a carrier.
- In case there is a child or children or relatives with genetic disorder.
- In case of repetitive pregnancy losses in consanguineous marriages (after the family tree has been evaluated).
- In case of pregnancies with advanced age risk, when USG anomaly in Infertility or high risk in screening tests are detected.